Air Quality Inspections
We offer services for indoor air quality testing, mold testing for residential and office assessment in the Calgary and surrounding areas. The air quality inside your home has the potential to negatively impact your health, well-being, and state of mind. Additionally, Health Canada clarifies that air quality may be 6-10 times worse and surprisingly more contaminated than the air outside, even in large cities.
Sick building syndrome (SBS) is a name for a condition that’s thought to be caused by being in a building or other type of enclosed space can be attributed to poor indoor air quality. However, the precise cause is unknown. Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) can also result from low IAQ. SBS effects can include irritation of eyes, nose and throat, headaches, fatigue, and a susceptibility to colds and flu.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Under the right conditions, mold growth can start to occur in as little as 24 hours after initial exposure to water from a flood or leak
- Mold can produce musty, stale, or earthy odours
- Mold exposure can cause serious health effects, including respiratory infections, increased mucous production, and itchy, watery eyes to name a few
- Many buildings still have asbestos-containing materials present, including schools, hospitals, commercial structures, and well as residential homes
- Asbestos fibres can cause serious ill-effects if inhaled
- Over 2000 Canadians die each year from asbestos-related illness
- Only trained professionals should perform asbestos and mold removal activities
To order your Indoor Air Quality Test Call 403-919-3336 or email us at IAQ@nirhomeinspections.com
Learn more: Air quality and health