Your home inspection is a snapshot in time and conditions in a home can change.
We have put together a list of things to check on possession day and we hope you find them useful.
They will guide you through any further process should it be necessary.
- Check all all windows and doors by opening/closing and ensure that they are all functional and no new damages have occurred since.
- Operate any electric baseboard heaters that are present. Turn up the furnace thermostat and ensure all rooms are receiving heat.
- Check for proper function and conditions of all appliances. (kitchen/laundry/Central Vac/AC unit), do not run AC unit if outdoor temperatures are below 15 degrees.
- Confirm Hot and cold water supplies at all plumbing fixtures and Check for any leaks.
- Check walls and ceilings for signs of new damage/staining/repairs that may be damaged from moving and/or were concealed from initial home inspection
- Test your garage door openers works and the remote controls are operational. Remember to reset any preset codes from previous owners.
- Check basement walls/floor for new staining or wetness.
- Operate the gas fireplace(s) that may be present.
- Ensure any accessories that were included with home are present. ( ie: Central Vac, Remotes, shelving, light fixtures).
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors where present. (replace any CO detectors if older than 7 yrs.)